New XXL won’t initialize properly

machine shakes and rumbles. z axis on my Z+
error 1 cant find limit switch
error 2 GBRL ERROR; homing failed, couldn’t find limit switch

please help

If this a new install then everything must move mechanically first. Power off your machine. Then slowly move the Z axis up and down and accross the X axis. Then move the Y axis fully front to back. If the mechanics are correct then you may not have loaded a configuration or loaded the wrong configuration. In the newer versions of CM there are options for the belt drive Z assembly, Z=Plus, and the HDZ. There is also a box for bit setter. Make sure you picked the accessories you have, or dont have by unchecking, and machine type, Shapeoko 3, XL, XXL.

Bit first check that you machine moves easily with the power off. If you are not mechanically sound then under power you will fail homing.

1 Like

Sounds like the Z switch does not trigger:
First make sure it works by manually activating it (bring a piece of metal in front of it) and checking that the LED on the switch lights up. If it does, next check that an LED lights up on the controller board when you trigger it? You can also see if Carbide Motion detects it (in the Settings menu / Active Inputs)
If the switch LED lights up but not the controller board’s, you may have plugged it incorrectly ?
If the switch LED does not light up it may not receive the power supply from the controller board, double-check wiring ?

1 Like

does your Z go up or down during homing?
If it goes down… make sure to send the settings in CM

2 Likes

On my earlier post I missed you had a Z Plus. So you can easily move the Z axis up and down. But make sure you have sent the proper config.

Connect Shapeoko, open Carbide Motion. Connect to machine and do not home. Go to settings and check you configuration and send. After the config has been sent try to initialize machine (Home).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.