New Z slider installed and not traveling to the left

Hey there forum gang.

So, to start, thanks everyone for baby stepping me through my new setup.
I now have my Bitsetter up and running, my 220v spindle and VFD with spindle control via software (nice one) and a new Z slider by CNC4Newbie. And because of you all, it’s 99% perfect.
Now on the the layman stuff again. With the new Z slider installed I could gain another 2 inches to the left. I tried changing the $130 to a greater number than it was (840mm I think) but it didn’t take. I then down graded to a previous version of CM and still nope. Not a big deal until I have a project that won’t quite fit

Thanks again everyone!

Don’t touch yer face

You’ll have to use a different sender to use those extra inches over there. CM controls the limits. (For now?)

1 Like

Thanks! So use a different sender just to program the parameters and then go back to CM? If so, what doing you recommend?

No, you’ll have to say goodbye to Motion until they decide to honor user-defined machine limits.
I like CNCjs for most things.

Ouch lol
Thanks a bunch, I’ll give it a go

Yikes… That was an autocorrect. Fixed.

1 Like

Do you know if I’ll be able to use Tool Changes and use the Bitsetter with CNCjs?
Thanks!

The new Motion has selectable increased X travel limits for the HDZ. You could use that then change GRBL z steps to suit the cnc4newbie a drive, those should take.

This way you can still use Carbide Motion like stock with easy bit setter use.

It will.
Check this post for @ogbulldog’s video.

1 Like

I’ll watch this now, but from what I’ve seen and tried all ready…yikes.
FYI, I have homing switches, touch off puck, bitsetter, a VFD and 220 water cooled spindle on a Shapeoko 3 XXL. I was thinking I should stick to what I am comfortable with (Carbide motion) as I am only frustrated about not being able to adjust travel distances on an axis. Thoughts?

That was my same fear when I tried out CNCJS. I do not dislike Carbide Motion, I just wanted to keep options open. There is an initial setup that might seem daunting, but it’s not so bad. I like the digital representation of the gcode, and the extras that it has. Just give it a look. It’s free, if you don’t like you can always keep using CM. I use both. Going back to CM is as simple as opening CM and sending config to machine. Let us know what you think.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.