Newbe with question

The problem is things come in very small from Affinity Designer — select everything and scale it to 24.095 to fix that.

I don’t see a size option in carbide create sure I a just missing something.

Found sizing but I lost my text and a solid line.

Text won’t import, convert to paths.

Paths which aren’t closed don’t import well — expand strokes so as to make a closed path.

Thanks that worked except a couple of my letters became circles. I am wondering if that happened because I am using a trial version of the software.

Most likely the letter malformation is caused by the extremely small size of scaling at import — try scaling things up before exporting from Affinity Designer.

I have tried numerous times with no Chang in export size. The origional file is 504 by 504 pixels. Changed the page to 50,000 x50,000. Still exports a very small icon that can be scaled up by 21 to fit in a 7 inch square.

Lots of people make this work without issue, something must be set up wrong.

I believe the problem is Affinity Designer setting the size to 100% and using a transformation matrix to get things to the proper size.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> 
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG  1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
        <g transform="matrix(1.80963,0,0,1.8634,-12561.5,-29813.4)">
        <rect x="6941.46" y="15999.5" width="45678.7" height="34278.7" style="fill:rgb(231,232,233);"/>
    </g>
</svg>

Opening the file in Inkscape, selecting everything, pasting it into a new document, scaling up to size (put a rectangle of known size around it in AD), then saving as a new document works.

Exporting as a PDF instead, opening that in Inkscape, then saving as an SVG may be more expedient and should work as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.