No tabs showing up on simulation

I’m using a free version of Carbide Create Pro and my tabs aren’t showing up on the simulation for any of my projects. I have tried adjusting the tab height and I still don’t get them. Would you please shed some light on this issue?
Thanks, Roger
Bob’s Game 1.c2d (872 KB)

It looks like the two outermost circles are not far enough apart - you likely had an offset of .250, BUT because of rounding errors, the .250 endmill doesn’t fit. Try expanding the outermost circle by, say .050.

Also, the last contour operation has both outermost circles selected, I think instead you want only the inside circle, and change to Outside as the direction.

Bob’s Game 1.c2d (940 KB)

If you wish to cut as a pocket, you need to have endmill diameter + 10% width at the narrowest point:

so scale the outer circle by:

Done

This will then allow the pocket to cut all the way around in two passes:

The contour toolpath for the outside should only be associated with the inner geometry:

So select only:

Change Vectors:

“Use Current Selection”

and change to Outside / Right:

Ok

Attached as a v7 file.

Bob’s Game 1_v7.c2d (916 KB)

Thanks for the help guys.

Is there a way to force it to do the outer pass before the inner so that the surface of the material is cut with a thinner pass?

Leave a roughing clearance and take a finishing pass:

and/or

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.