Nomad 3 BitZero

I believe it will work with other models. The connector is likely for a simplification.

That listing is for the Shapeoko version (just updated the product title). The connector will be the standard 3-pin version when we ship.

The latest CM is at https://carbide3d.com/carbidemotion/beta/

5 Likes

Sweet! So we will not have this in our box when in arrives? Super thanks! Canā€™t wait to get mine making chips!

@robgrz would know best, but I think current owners are going to get a new package, and other machines may have this included?

If you got one of the first couple of Nomads that shipped a week or so ago then the BitZero V2 will ship separately. If you havenā€™t received your machine yet then this should be in the box with the machine.

6 Likes

Does that new version of Carbide Motion include the ā€œturboā€ jog speeds?

Reminds me of the days when we were all figuring this out, @Luke was Mr. Beaver, @Vince.Fab was the new guy, @CrookedWoodTex didnā€™t have a machine yet, @Griff was making one of the first HDZs ever.
Lets share some tool paths - 3d aluminium machining

6 Likes

I might have to re-make that project. Even if I donā€™t have any use for it :laughing:

5 Likes

I think the faster jog speeds was in a now older version of carbide motion and is a configuration sent to your machine. So you may want to download latest version of motion, then go over to the options and send config data to your machine for those faster jog speeds.

2 Likes

Correct, see:

1 Like

Those GRBL mods only affect rapid and homing speeds. They donā€™t do anything for ā€œjogā€ speeds where I am manually moving the router around the workpiece, whether with keyboard or joystick. This thread went into that in more detail.

1 Like

If Iā€™m reading that thread right. Winston said if there was enough interest, heā€™d put in a feature request for that, but it doesnā€™t look (outwardly) like that feature request was put in?

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct - and judging by the response in that thread, it sounded like a lot of interest, but
I donā€™t know if an official ā€œturboā€ jog speed request was ever entered.

Built to @Luke ā€˜s design.

Iā€™ve since splurged and purchased a recent gen HDZ. Iā€™m kinda proud that it doesnā€™t enable cutting any better then the one I made. BUT, mine required a lot of tweaking/tuning to get the best performance. It was also bulkier then the current design and definitely not as pretty!

Ah, the good old days!

4 Likes

Memory lane led me to my first HDZ aluminum tests on the Holey Probe.

And one of the first times @Luke made me inspired me to write a macro. :wink:

3 Likes

@robgrz I noticed a third empty slot in the probe type menu. Any chance weā€™ll have X/Y probe options for conductive material bores coming?

2 Likes

That empty slot is probably q quirk of the UI library we use.

We might make the probe routines available as M codes though. I assume youā€™d be a fan of that?

5 Likes

Pretty much a fan of anything you guys do :sweat_smile: ā€¦but yes that would be very helpful in certain situations. Especially on parts with a flip and relocate or the ones that arenā€™t shaped for bitzeros.

1 Like

Iā€™m with Vince on that one. Being able to probe a hole specifically created for flip indexing would be cool. I guess weā€™d have to put the BitZero upside down on a conductive part or find a way to ground it to the BitZero would be a requirement.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.