Nomad 3 getting stuck in oak

Hi there,

Having some issues with our Nomad 3 that we got this year. Lately when doing projects on oak, the machine often gets stuck and is unable to proceed. The end mill is completely new, so sharpness shouldn’t be the issue.

Since we are quite new to CNC maybe someone can help and comment if maybe we are using the wrong settings, if there might be some issue with the wood or maybe there is some problem with the machine.

Attaching the photo of mill settings and the link to a video from the machine

50% stepover is a bit much. Ive milled a lot of oak without issue. I think my stepover is much less but im not near my pc at the moment. Doc is fine. If i go agressive on doc or stepover i usually rip the job off the board. I use ca glue and tape alot

https://youtu.be/QirC8cudedQ?feature=shared. English Brown Oak on Nomad3. Sped up a little

Watch your video. Slot milling is tricky . If profiling/contouring have a stepover to allow chip clearance. Or use 1/8th bit if you want a 1/4 slot. Try upcut bit, but you will need good work holding.

I dont use CC , can you ramp in rather than plunge ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.