Nomad 3 info, plus something else

Nope, those were used to hold the material down to machine the prototype. They won’t be in the final product.

It’ll ship with the machine but we’re not quite ready to announce what it is yet. Hopefully, we can announce it in the next two weeks.

6 Likes

Sad :frowning: any way I can get mine with the holes?

1 Like

Only if you’re willing to drill them :wink:

1 Like

I will be willing as long as some form of template can be accurately provided. Our Shapeoko Pro is going to be sweet.

1 Like

I can’t fathom the reason for this sort of mysterious baiting. “It will ship with what you can order right now. We know what it is. We won’t tell you what it is.”

Yup, they snuck into the shop ;p

3 Likes

It’s better to under promise, than over promise.
It may be a thing that they haven’t finished, and may delay the release of the machine?

2 Likes

I think the reasoning will become clear when we announce it. It won’t delay the release of the machine though.

5 Likes

They have been pretty much straight forward with the current specs and features of the machine. This mystery update could still be something in the works and they don’t want to break any promise (unlike the competition). It’s actually fun to speculate. maybe an auto probe feature? :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Probing would be phenomenal but I don’t want to get my hopes up. Either way I’m looking forward to the mystery addition!

1 Like

Hypothetically, it could be that it’s a new product that will be included with the Nomad 3 but will be available for other machines and we need to make sure we have enough quantity to launch it. Hypothetically, of course.

8 Likes

they call him the Teaser Master ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I reckon it’s a vinyl sticker with Rob’s face on it.

5 Likes

It is. Now you can see why we’d need a lot of them.

7 Likes

What are you planning to add?

All I can say is there will be no spindle and there will be lots of angry photons involved. :grinning:

2 Likes

A new accessory for the shapeoko? My wallet is crying, because I will probably buy it!

2 Likes

The BitZero is on sale, Bitzero 2 confirmed?

That goes on sale every once in awhile. I wouldn’t read too much into that.

1 Like

@robgrz Can you post a CAD drawing of the final machine footprint? I’m trying to decide between the 44x44 or 64x64 Kreg universal bench.