Nomad 3 info, plus something else

The AMB (Kress) 1050 FME-U DI alternative uses ER-16 collets and is available in a 110V version according to the manual. It shouldn’t draw more than 11A, so you shouldn’t need a separate circuit for it (if you can find one) or a 230V step-up transformer.

Unlike the standard types, apparently there’s no info on runout for either type.

OOPs Damen CNC says the Mafell’s “Concentricity of <0,10mm at a distance of 25mm”. Mafell claims to be 6 dBA quieter than the Kress (10 dB quieter would seem half as loud).

1 Like

I have the FME 1050 normal version and whilst it’s a perfectly OK plunge router / spindle, the dentist drill noise drove me insane. A couple more months of that noise and I’d have been caretaking the Overlook hotel for the winter.

4 Likes

@Julien @Luke I emailed sales@carbide yesterday in regard to preorder information for the Shapeoko Pro, but haven’t received a reply.

What did you want to know?

3 Likes

@Luke See my quoted earlier reply above.

I believe PDT and I think we will have a no router option like we do for the shapeoko.

3 Likes

I ran a 220 line from my mains panel, disconnected the dryer outlet and ran from there. Easy since the panel is on the outside wall of the garage. Maybe not so much in your case.

2 Likes

We just got a first pass at the page posted to: https://shop.carbide3d.com/collections/machines/products/shapeoko-pro-cnc-router?variant=32912259186749

We’re expecting to turn on orders at 10am PST. (But anything could come up before then)

5 Likes

Awesome! Sure is a great looking machine :slight_smile:

Any photos without the MDF installed? We have something really great planned :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, we don’t have any pics of that yet.

No problem :slight_smile:

Nomad 3:

Obviously, not for sale just yet, just providing the link.

2 Likes

Order placed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@robgrz Will these two holes in all four plates (front and rear) be on the final production machines? I already have something neat planned for these holes, so I hope they’re still there :slight_smile: If so, do you know the diameter and center to center distance between the holes?

1 Like

I’ll bite. What’s the idea?

1 Like

There was supposed to be one last upgrade for the Nomad to be revealed today? I wonder what it is. I did just ordered mine today.

update:
it did say before shipping. But I’m still curious nonetheless.

if all goes well we’ll be opening up ordering for the Nomad 3 on Oct 15th with shipping beginning shortly after that. We’ll probably have at least one more upgrade to share before shipping begins.

2 Likes

All I can say for now is some 80/20 will be going there if it pans out. :wink:

1 Like

Is this new? I just found it on the website: https://shop.carbide3d.com/collections/workholding/products/hard-stops?variant=31887153397821

6 Likes

looks like it. better than buying 2 sets of tiger claws. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wanted to share this nice podcast about the Nomad 3 and Shapeoko Pro that Winston did: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-059-new-for-you/id1403188527?i=1000494652593

2 Likes