NOMAD 3 vs DMC2 vs EVO 1 pro?

Hey fellow community members…
I need desktop CNC in my garage and will be cutting aluminum( 15mm thick plates for small prototyping) all the time and need your help with the choice that I need to make. After the research I concluded DMC2 is good option to go with as
it has more torque ( around 3HP spindle motor I guess that means more torque :slight_smile: )
bigger collet ER20,means i can hold bits with bigger shank dia.
built in coolant flow system

please guide me on to the RIGHT path :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

If you’ve decided a machine which is out-of-stock, but when available costs twice as much as a Nomad 3 is better for your purposes, then there’s not really much to discuss.

That said, the Nomad 3 would be perfectly able to make the cuts you describe in most aluminum alloys (and machinability doesn’t change much from machine-to-machine).

The machine which we sell which is more equivalent to the one in question is the Shapeoko HDM which is closer in price and better suited to being in a garage and which has a much larger working area — did you consider it?

https://carbide3d.com/blog/introducing-shapeoko-hdm/

(though unfortunately, as of this writing, has a 3 month lead time — which we’re working hard to reduce).

4 Likes

Hey Will,
Thankyou for your reply.
I agree with you but here investment is not an issue, but I can invest once not twice in case first machine I buy does not fulfill me needs.
I have never used any CNC and I guess if I purchase one then it will be the first one in my region i.e. north India (comprising 300,000sq miles). (so there will be no scope of selling it to others)
You know that we all try to buy best of best. Being novice here and trying to make informed decision is difficult. I just want machine which can cut through Aluminum as smooth and as more as possible and which I can run 24*7. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

For us, that would be the Shapeoko HDM, but we’re not selling in Europe yet — please write in to sales@carbide3d.com

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.