Nomad Classic spindle motor replacement

I’m in a bit of a jam and could use some help. The bearings on my spindle motor have been going and I convinced Carbide support to sell me a spare in case it got worse because I couldn’t afford to go down right now. The problem is they sent me a motor that requires modifications to work on the Nomad classic and no instructions. It has the 3 wires coming out of the motor, but no way of attaching the sensor. I tried wiring the sensor board up and leaving it off to the side in hopes that it would just run at one speed, but that didn’t work. There seems to be no way to attach the sensor to the replacement motor as the shaft doesn’t extend far enough.

Please send photos of the part you have and the connections you need to make in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll get this sorted out as soon as we get folks back in the office after the holiday.

Are you going to be closed until the new year? I bought this spare motor because the job I’m working on is so important I didn’t want to take any chance of being in this position. Now my customer is expecting his parts when he gets back from the holiday and I’m going to have to come up with another plan.

I think there will be people in office next week.
Edit: Not on staff, just based on support e-mails/what Winston said.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.