Nomad Manual Spindle Speed

I am a certified watchmaker and I build high-end bespoke watches. Last year I purchased a Nomad 883 to reduce my manufacturing time and add capability. Presently I am very pleased with the the Nomad!

Occasionally, I need a manual mill operation, e.g. a drill operation. For reasons that are hard to describe to a non-watchmaker, these operations are not easily performed in CAM.

Carbide Motion v4.0.428 already has the option to turn-on the spindle, and I use this to zero my work-piece using an edge finder. Could you please add an option to set the spindle RPM manually from the same menu as “turn-on spindle”? This is so important to my workflow that I am willing to pay for the software upgrade.

For completeness, I have used CAD/CAM professionally for nearly 20 years and I currently use Fusion 360 for CAD and CAM. However, I have also used Catia V5, SolidWorks and MasterCAM.

Very Respectfully,
Paul R.

I can see the utility of having on this screen but you can send M3 Sxxxx from the MDI page (xxxx=rpm).

Sir,

I agree, thank you. But this is not the “elegant” solution I am looking for.

Very Respectfully,
Paul R.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.