Nomad: Spindle stopping intermittently [SOLVED]

Hi as of yesterday my spindle stops randomly during a job then restarts.

I’ve made a vid on YouTube is this a motor fault?

I’ve emailed the support team; Just wondered if anyone can shed light on this. Its been working brilliantly up until now I’ve had my NomadPro for about 3 months.

Vid here https://youtu.be/4DcIfjJz7NU.

Computer Platform (PC/MAC) and OS version: Asus Transformer book t100ha Windows 10
Version of Carbide Motion: 3.0.355 Build date: 2016.02.08
Version of MeshCAM: Meshcam 6 Build 27
Nomad Serial # Pro 064

Thanks

Tim

1 Like

@timtom1, that is exactly the same behavior I observed when I extended the spindle motor cables on my Nomad Classic when I installed the cable guides. The Nomad team thought it was a QC problem on the brushless spindle motors, but I determined (at least in my case) that it was an electrical crosstalk problem with the motor’s Hall sensors. C3D is now twisting the motor cable leads.

On my own machine I separately braided the motor winding and sensor leads and enclosed the sensor leads in a grounded metal mesh sleeve.

Preliminary testing on my spindle has shown no problems, though I haven’t run any extensive tests yet.

Randy

1 Like

Thanks Randy, emailed Jorge last night they are sending me a new motor and think it’s the sensors too.

Is it easy to get the case off and back together? Is there a walk through anywhere?

Thanks

Tim

What great customer service Carbide have. A motir arrived within 2 days to the UK from the USA then Jorge talked me through the motor change over Skype! Awesome thank you guys!!