The finished project, partially loaded until I actually hang it in the shop
It feels like I started this project a few years ago when I got my SO3 XXL - I designed a version of the clamping portion but got frustrated with Fusion 360 due to a confusion over the various Z heights (kept ruining my stock). Forgot about the project until retiring a workbench earlier this year that also served as my clamp rack.
The clamp shelves were cut from 3/4" plywood that I snagged March last year. Here are the dimensions that worked well for my Bessey and Harbor Freight clamps, repeated every 1.25". Drawing is in freedom units. The chamfer lead-in is not necessary, but I thought it would be an improvement on the straight cut version I made before.
This was the completed rack until I realized I could integrate a wood finish bottle rack that I was waiting to build.
I also designed some side panels to match my shop decor and machined those from PVC. I’ve learned to use and trust part tabs more on recent jobs as I get a more consistent and less anxious cut than with double sided tape alone. On this job I used a combination of holding techniques.
Final design is 36"x25" wide and holds 6/12/24/36" clamps for easy retrieval. Now I just need to actually vinyl label my finish bottles…another day!