Odering a Shapeoko 5 pro From Canada

I’m intrested in ordering a Shapeoko pro 5 and wondered what getting it over the border is like, what costs, time it takes to arrive etc. Is there anyone who may of odered one in the past that could enlighten me on the details? Thanks

1 Like

Take their US price, convert it to CAN, expect extra bank charge for converting, no GST added, shipping is a couple weeks once you get notification, comes as large reinforced cardboard boxes (3 i think) via courier, then you get a bill a month later from the courier for duty and brokerage (mine was around $380CAN). The SO5 4x4 cost me about $5500, not including any router/spindle or things like a computer, bits, etc. You can PM me if you want more specifics.

4 Likes

Thanks JN, appreciate this.

Your going to get laugh, but I’m not sure how to DM on here… Chuckles & Smiles

click on a person’s name above their post to get a small window which includes an option for this.

I’ve upgraded your account so this should work for you.

If you have any difficulties, let us know and we will do our best to assist.

Yeah i did that, i think because im new to here it restricts my access. Thats what my i bot is saying.

K thanks ill do that.

Perfect, it worked.
Thnx

I received my 4x2 in Calgary 2 weeks ago, purchased during the black friday sale, $3502 USD. Fedex called me when it was in Winnipeg customs asking if I wanted to use them as a customs broker or get my own. They wouldn’t give me a quote on it, just said that I would get a bill a couple weeks afterwards. I decided to go with a local broker, just called them up for a quote, and then told Fedex to work with them. It cleared customs within a couple days and the broker fees + duty came to $320 CAD

4 Likes

I am in Vancouver Area. I ordered a XXL Pro
It comes in 2 larger boxes from one warehouse and the accessories I ordered came from another warehouse so two shipment. FedEx charged me approximately 500. The issue I had was the smaller shipment of the accessories. It was sent in two separate shipments so FedEx wanted brokerage fees for both. I was OK with paying the fees on the main shipment, percentage wise. However the percentage cost on the accessories, ouch.
As I am in Vancouver. I should have self declared. Ask FedEx for the paper work, drive to the border, 20 min, pay the taxes, get a receipt from the border and send it to FedEx. They will now release it and send it to you.

It would have been nice if it was one shipment. But it is here now :slight_smile: It went together perfect, and I am very happy carving. love the XXL Pro machine :slight_smile: Well worth it.

3 Likes

Hi,
Try this link:

You can purchase a lot of what Carbide3d sells already cleared into Canada at prices pretty close to what you would halft to pay if you went to all the trouble of importing the machine yourself, and you also get free shipping with purchases of $100.00 CAD or more before taxes.

Don’t know where you live, so I copied this from their website:

Shipping in Canada: Standard delivery (i.e., Canada Post Expedited parcel) in Canada is free for orders of $100 or more (before taxes) except for remote locations (Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Newfoundland and Labrador). Standard shipping rates will apply for remote locations. You will be able to choose between several shipping services offered by two different carriers (Canada Post and UPS). Note that UPS does not deliver to PO boxes.

I usually look at ca.robotshop.com first to see I can purchase Carbide3d products before ordering from the States.

I am no affiliated with the company in any way–I am just a happy customer of Robotshop and Carbide3d.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Try checking through the “CNC Machines” section as I think someone in Toronto is trying to sell their Shapeoko 5. Their post was listed in December if I remember correctly. They did want close to new price as the machine was used to cut just a couple of boards in their words. I also saw it listed on Kijiji as well. They may be willing to bargain if they still have the machine.

This is the post I was just mentioning:

Happy Hunting!

6 Likes

I ordered one recently to Surrey, a Pro 5 4 x 2. Shipped through Fed Ex, with Fed Ex acting as my customs broker. Cost me $680 CDN brokerage fees and duties. I see from others that they weren’t charged as much, I have to wonder why. It took a few weeks to arrive, but to be fair was over the Christmas season. Bit set and surface bit was sent separately, and arrived sooner, but still paid about $50 in customs duties. Loving it.

4 Likes

Duties includes sales taxes collected by the government. Alberta charges 5% sales tax. BC is 12%. My savings goes to things like snow tires that you’ll never need. :rofl:

3 Likes

Got my 4XXL from Robotshop…
Try this link https://ca.robotshop.com/fr/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&options[unavailable_products]=last&q=Shapeoko+pro+5

3 Likes

+1 for RobotShop.ca I got my 4XXL from them, as well as a couple other things. I had to order my BitSetter from Carbide directly, and the FedEx bill was like 70 bucks after, because Ontario.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.