Offset Path Issue with rounded corners

I am having an issue in Build 462 with offset path giving me rounded corners . inside or out side . can i change that ?

Working in 464:

Please try the beta:

https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/beta/

If you still have problems let us know at support@carbide3d.com and send the file (or post it here)

On the Offset Path you can go smaller with sharp edges but you cant go bigger and get sharp edges. I think you should have a choice if you wanted sharp edges or rounded edges . I downloaded the newest beta version and it does the same thing. Can we get a choice to have rounded corners or sharp edges ?

Iā€™m afraid this was a conscious design decision ā€” when going larger the assumption is that one would want to mimic the path/cutting ability of an endmill, hence the rounding ā€” if you need sharp corners when offsetting export to an SVG, apply the offset in a 3rd party tool such as Inkscape, then reimport.

Thank you for your reply. However I think that the conscious design decision is a failure. You are Assuming that some one would want rounded corners in the project . What your asking me to do is use another piece of software, 3rd party tool such as Inkscape, then reimport . Rather than make it an option or to admit a design flaw in the software . Just my opinion to make the software better.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.