Oil leaking normal?

is this normal??

Nope not normal unless you have been over lubing your bearings and rails. It looks like the other side is also leaking.

Anthony

This is normal, because they havent acknowledged my suggestion to use loctite 565 on the linear bearing screws. What happens is the vactra is able to spread itself so thin as well as self siphon that once it finds a way out of a screw its only a matter of time before the screw finds a way out from vibration as well. This can be remedied as mentioned above. Avoid getting it on the leading edge of the screw and try to wipe any excess oil prior to application. Then wipe off any excess 565 as it will only dry in an anaerobic environment.

I swapped the screws for zerks where they will fit from old hiwin blocks. Which kudos to c3d for making a quality wiper, the hiwin ones break like nothin.

Yes it’s completely normal. Is it desirable? Not really, but it’s a limitiation of using liquid lubrication on vertical bearings.

I have a Quick Action I use to park that machine in the same place when I’m done with it, I leave a cloth under it to catch the drips, and wipe the bottom of the bearing guides before use.

A new machine or when doing maintenance it is normal. When I lube my HDZ it runs down. I wipe the excess off for the first couple of days. It is advisable to wipe the excess off before starting a project to keep it from dripping on the project. It will stop after the excess is squeezed out. It would be advisable to keep a paper towel under the Z when parked until it quits dripping.

1 Like