On/Off Switch Location

Looking around for a place to mount the on/off switch I remembered having been gifted with this little vise a few years ago. It is great for holding small parts but does not see much use in my wood shop.

It was just the device to hold the switch securely in position. If I do need to use the vise for its more conventional uses it is still available.

Bill

5 Likes

I hot glued mine to the control box - also works great

2 Likes

I intend to order a emergency off button but for now I put a power strip on the front of my Shapeoko stand. It has come in handy a few times. I have the router and Shapeoko on the strip. Also if I need a light I have a ready spot to plug it in. I also keep a flashlight close by because it is dark under the router when trying to line up zero in the center of material.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed having mine ON all the time, and use a WIFI plug, so I can use phone or Alexa to turn off and on, so no need to reach for switch

something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072ZX8RTZ/

I made a dual switch (one for CNC , one for router) that’ easy to get to. Doubles as a panic switch! I just leave the power switch on for the XL and tuck it out of the way

Used the machine to make a decora-sized hole in the plastic enclosure. Worked perfectly.

The switch is mounted on a mini shelf. I tapped the right Y rail for (2) 1/4-20 bolts and that holds the shelf in place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.