Open vectors can’t close

I downloaded this on Etsy and we can’t seem to figure out how to close the vectors. I’ve tried drawing a line and connect it, but it didn’t work.

Since you purchased the file can’t you contact the folks who sold it to you?

I did contact him, he’s looking into it. I just thought I’d reach out here see if someone knew. Could maybe speed up the process. But yes you’re correct I don’t know why he would be selling SVGs with open vectors.

We need the file to help out.

2 Likes

What is wrong with open vectors? Why are you under the impression that you can only cut closed vectors?

1 Like

I had the same issue (open vectors in SVG files that I purchased). I had no luck getting the author to fix it, but I found two “do it yourself” solutions:

1. Vectric VCarve has a “Join Vectors” function. But I don’t have VCarve and dont want to pay for it.

2. Inkscape is free, and you can use it to close vectors. Here’s a tutuorial I found on how to do it: Inkscape Tips: Combining two distinct paths to form a closed shape - YouTube

These lines are not connected:

they are intended only to do/only suited for no-offset contours so as to serve their purpose in this design.

You could export the vectors to a 3rd party tool and expand the strokes as discussed at:

Please note that I am removing the two posts with the commercial/copyrighted file — we can’t have such files distributed thus — use opensource/Creative Commons or your own designs if you wish to upload them for distribution.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.