Painted 3D carving

Made a 3D carving and had my sister paint it for me now I think I either need to learn to paint or convince my sister to paint all my stuff lol

42 Likes

Holy crap that’s fantastic!

2 Likes

I never would have thought it would turn out like that I may have to start paying her lol

3 Likes

That is incredible. Fantastic job to both of you!

1 Like

Outstanding, great job

1 Like

Make her a partner. CFO (Chief Finishing Officer) :smile:

5 Likes

I couldn’t imagine the head she would get with a title like that lol :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My goodness, that is remarkable! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I’m not a painter due to constant shaking of my hands. My wife does most of my painting. She is a very good artist, but doesn’t care to paint for me.

1 Like

I wish my wife would. She don’t get into much of my interests lol

Looks great nice job

1 Like

This is awesome!!! Great work both of you!

1 Like

Well done to you both! Cutout looks very clean and I love the shadowing effect of the painting to make it pop

1 Like

Wow, that’s so rad!

I can’t tell from the picture, but can you clarify if the 3D appearance is primarily because it’s inherently 3D, or because your sister painted areas where there should be shadows darker?

1 Like

It’s 3D carved 3/4 thick and has some decent detail for the size but the painting and she also added some shadow with the paint as well

That is fantastic. I think I would stay with my sister painting. It will take a while to be that good.

1 Like

WOW! That is awesome!

1 Like

Very nice 3D work!
Also very nice paint job to finish it off!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.