Phone stand for a Parkinson’s suffer

That is outstanding,I would not worry about the USB he will have his wife charge it on the charger,He has tried using the charge as a stand but falls over with the shaking?It makes you think how lucky you are

Done works well,thanks

Got a little more time on the computer. Here’s the latest iteration. There is a channel the phone will slide into, and hold it all along the sides, but not cover the buttons.

Using pics I found online, scaling them top the correct dimension in Inkscape, and getting dimensions from there.

2 Likes

That is great,I reckon that will do him,I will do it out of wood and that should allow weight and stability,if it works well I will see if the Parkinson’s people could use a few of them.

Instead of going to bed, I modeled the bottom half of the phone as best I could.

Here’s the STL of half of the current model. Just change the ZIP to STL like before.

Phone Holder 002 Base.zip (383.8 KB)

EDIT: I did not take out any width for a “racing stripe” at the seam in the middle. Right now, the channel is 1.5mm wider than the phone.

3 Likes

That is so great, thanks so much, I will set up my cutting in the morning.

1 Like

Graham - you can certainly make a sturdy stand. I would encourage you to check out this link. There are viable alternatives for using a smartphone.

Here’s the link: https://www.sralab.org/sites/default/files/downloads/2021-01/iphone%20adaptation_education_3.pdf

Best of luck.

Tom

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.