~ Pill Station ~

Hi guys,
Just finished up a pill station for my elderly mother yesterday. I found out she was taking 6 pills a day, I made a 42 pill station for her with a custom pill scoop and a Yeti goblet. She has a large family of really beautiful Peacocks living in her back yard, one in particular has moved into her back porch and she named him Pete, hence the center piece.

35 Likes

You have some serious skills! Nice job

4 Likes

NOW I understand what this thing does (that you showed a few pics of, sometime back). This has got to be the most fancy Mother’s Day gift ever, this is awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks guys, this one was a serious journey the large Red Oak pill tray alone was a 26 hour carve, the first one I made warped to the point of not being usable. I kept getting pieces of Red Oak twisting up on me, I had to source some different stock and try again. Luckily the second try with different stock was a perfect success.
I learned so much from this project! Achieved a perfect 2 sided aluminum carve, no offset marks at all. Had to do a lot of testing to get perfect dowel pin hole sizes. Switched to stainless pins and they were very accurate.

5 Likes

Jaw-dropping gorgeous work! :astonished:

3 Likes

Really beautiful work! Your attention to detail and the concentration to complete this are surpassed by none. Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you for the very kind words. I must admit when I presented it to her, her excitement and appreciation it made it all worth while, and I would do it again in a heart beat. It feels good to sit back and look at the pictures and relax for a moment, but someone started a contest with signs and I was too slow and too late to buy a Bitrunner in the store so… My Shapeoko vacation lasted almost 8 hours!

6 Likes

Wow just wow that thing is looking gorgeous. Very well crafted

3 Likes

Great job, @CNCInspiration!

PS. Now if you can just get Mother to stop dropping her pills on the floor! :smiley: I created a robotic pill popper that was defeated because they just kept dropping their pills! :smiley:

2 Likes

Made with love - and boy it shows!!

5 Likes

Wow, mind blown right up! This is gorgeous! Dumb question… are the “nubbins” decorative (three squares on the side and four around the circle?

How in the world did you come up with the design?? Like can you describe what I presume as 5 pills x 7 days vs. the 1 pill x 7 day circle? I love the scoop. Surely manipulating the pills was one of the hardest things for my grandma as well. Dang, this thing is just amazing on so many levels.

4 Likes

Hi John,
Thank you very much for the compliments!
The nubs are to park the lids, 3 for the small circle lids and one for the larger lids on the
left side tray.
Yes 42 pills total, 7 on the circle and 35 in the tray.
I am also very happy with the scoop. My first aluminum 2 sided carve, it came out perfect and I plan to explore pins/multi sided carves in great detail on future projects.
I just start designing and let it flow, I used to work as a level designer building computer games and have spent thousands and thousands of hours in different editors. I enjoy the work and am always designing things in my head for future projects.
I come up with a basic idea and just keep building on it. I often joke that my pieces build themselves I just click the buttons.

6 Likes

Amazing work! Lets talk about that wasteboard though! :). I like the look of that too. Can you share some detail? Are those just t-nuts under 3/4"?

That is an Ohio Diesel aluminum base plate under my custom designed 670 hole spoil board.
It has a cut ledge so you can resurface multiple times after installation. A task to make but worth it!
I also designed a one piece version for the Ohio Diesel Standard Shapeoko board.

2 Likes