Playing with PhotoVcarve

I bought PhotoVcarve Sat.
The Photos come out Great! So easy too.
I did my son and the dog on a scrap, oak, dresser drawer, part.
I did my Wife and her Family on a big 17"X19" piece of plywood.
Then I inverted one of my wife and I, from 21 years ago, on 4"X6"X6mm piece of plexiglass.
I bet the plexiglass would look cool with window tint behind it, and on a lit stand.
If anyone needs the feeds and speeds, & tool (60 and 90 deg. v bit), I can look them up.

5 Likes

Here’s a “Before” picture of the dog.
I could hardly see anything, then I put the stain on, then wiped it off, and wow!

6 Likes

Amazing Jerry, I’m not ready for this yet but it is definitely in the future.

1 Like

How long does it take to carve?

The big picture took between 35, and 50 minutes.
Here are some screenshots of the parameters, and toolpath info.

2 Likes

The one of my son, where I was able to exclude the background, only took 6 minutes!

1 Like

I now this is a old topic, but what post processor do you use.

A while ago, I have tried some as Photo VCarve comes with VCarve Pro 10 I was stoked but did not get good results like yours. I used paint, not stain and maybe it is one of the reasons. I was not impressed, maybe I did not have the right parameters. Can you share your parameters like DOC? Edit, I saw the VCarve window with parameters.

I used Gcode inch. The g code file extensions need to be one of the following .gc, .gcode, .ngc, or .tap.
one thing i learned doing these, is to make your plunge 100% of your feed, to speed things up, and keep you safe height low, especially with the ones that use dots to make a photo.

Thanks for the advice, I’m just getting started in all this. I ended up contacting Vectric and they sent me a link for shapeoko PostP file in inch and mm.