Pocket toolpath still trying to slot cut

I’ve got another instance of the pocket operation doing things stupid and slot cutting it’s way down. I was trying to avoid slot cutting, but here we are. I thought this was supposed to be resolved? CCreate v746 MacOS.
Small ButcherBlock.c2d (348 KB)

The toolpath in question is the final perimeter cut.

I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. I was using a 1/4” bit and had a little extra room so instead of bit diameter plus 10% I created a pocket that was .3” wide. When I started the job the bit did the first pass around and instead of moving over it moved down and started the second pass around.

This was a pretty deep cut so I stopped it and changed the pocket to be .275” and ran again. No idea why that would make a difference but it did. Unfortunately I had already modified the file so I couldn’t do further analysis and then I got distracted and didn’t try to replicate.

I’m basically dooing the same thing. 0.3" wide pocket, tries to cut one side all the way down then comes back to do the opposite side all the way down.

Try .275 and see what it does. If that works it seems like a bug.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.