Post processor for Vectric

For now I am trying to make signs, 2.5D signs, and things like that. I am not getting into 3D modeling too much, but I do have shapr3d for that aspect of things that I use to draw up plans for furniture ideas.

It should work to export DXFs or STLs from Shapr3D to make parts using Carbide Create Pro.

See:

For signs and 2.5D things you may want to consider a vector drawing program — Inkscape is the free option (though Carbide Create is getting to the point it doesn’t offer many advantages), Serif’s Affinity Designer is quite capable and might have features suited to what you want to do which at this time Carbide Create doesn’t have.

If you get stuck w/ Carbide Create, let us know and we’ll do our best to assist.

1 Like

Thank you! I have found carbide create to be pretty feature packed. I wish it had the nesting feature like vcarve to organize the parts the best way possible, but maybe it does and I missed it. I do it manually currently.

I need to get more into the designing of my own vector files, so I appreciate the pointers!

No, no nesting feature in the current version.

See:

This is awesome, also looks like https://deepnest.io/ you can have an app on your machine to do it offline.

Yes, you can use SVG files in Vcarve Pro for 3d cuts. With Aspire it adds modeling as well. One of my favorite features of VCarve Pro is that you can have all the toolpaths with the same tool run together.

It also has a nesting feature.