Pre Designed Logos

Here is an example of a poor image. I scanned a piece of wood I had traced an outline on. I saved the jpg and imported to CC with trace image. The purpose was not to cut it but to get it in and enlarged to overlap the size it was then export it as an svg and print the image so I could scroll saw the door out.

This is the original scan.

Here is the scanned image image traced. I was able to clean up the image but it took some time.

This was before I cleaned up the image and resized it to fit my project.

The purpose of this exercise is our woodworking club is having a 2x4 contest. You can use a 2x4 to make anything you want. This is a Santa’s Mailbox. The club participates in an annual Christmas craft show in Nacgodoches and we have a booth. I will make a post and writing platform and place paper and pencils and envelopes for kids to write a letter to Santa. It will draw people to our booth. The club also allows members to sell craft items and we promote the Woodworkers Club of East Texas.

I will paint the box red, the back and front green and will carve in the doors on the back “North Pole Priority Mail” and on the front "Letters to Santa. I will also paint some snow flakes on the top and sides of the box. The mailbox will also have a flag. Something fun to make.

Due to lack of proper planning I cannot carve on the sides of the mailbox because it is too big to fit on my Shapeoko. I should have glued up the flat sides, carved and then glued up the rest of the mailbox. I will stencil on the side some Christmas messages.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.