Pro aluminum spoilboard

Aluminum 2 piece spoilboard 3/4" thick with 1.5" x 5/16-18 hole spacing. Ohio diesel has a thread forming machine, makes very strong threads. Otherwise I would be tapping for 8 years… Remember that time you measured stuff in the middle of the night and now a month later you are banking big money that your measurements were on point? Yeesh…

4 Likes

So it occurs to me worst case if I am off, I just make some frame slats that match the spoilboard… lol…

2 Likes

At least if it goes south you can use the receipt to dry your tears. I was recently admitted to the hospital for a week with sever pancreatitis and my end after insurance is enough to buy a couple new Pro XXL’s. But they sent enough paperwork to soak up my tears and I have enough left over to keep my fire pit going for the next few weeks so it’s not a total loss. Plus I am still here and that’s nice too being it’s beach weather from now till October and I love when the ladies bring out the sun dresses.

I can’t wait to see how it looks after install.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, hope you make a full recovery.

1 Like

Used a single piece of 5/8" ATP-5 on the Shapeoko 3 XXL.

2 Likes

Well it took a long time but was worth it! Ohio Diesel gave me what I wanted and sourced 3/4" plate for me. Talk about doubting my measurements, would have been a very expensive mistake but everything came out exactly perfect. The thread forming machine they use forges the threads for a much stronger result compared to tapping.
So excited to be able to bolt down pieces with my normal method. T-Tracks are awesome but I much prefer a threaded table.

9 Likes

@CNCInspiration They are still tapping the threads in a standard CNC machine, they are just using a form tap to displace the material rather than a traditional tap that cuts the threads. Formed threads are definitely stronger, as you are compressing the materials grain structure rather than fracturing it when cutting material away.

3 Likes

Thank you, was not clear on the procedure. My old XXL board I bought from them a while back has never lost a set of threads with hundreds of uses. Just have to vacuum them out properly.

1 Like

1 Like

@CNCInspiration so I have to ask…what is the black hockey puck for?

That is V1 of my Tech Keys dust protection/housing, has 2 slots on top to store for blanks for probing. V2 with many improvements incoming soon.

7 Likes

When I read @Intohouse’s questions I thought tool holder but did not see that coming… Nicely done and great idea, holds tools and cover also keeps chips out of the keypad buttons.

2 Likes

It has so many gaps between the keys etc, being anywhere near dust it will be a huge mess inside.

1 Like

Well this took forever…

12 Likes