Pro XXL Doing Something Strange

I just ran my Pro XXL yesterday with no problems. I fired it back up this evening to cut keyholes for some plaques I’m cutting. After running the program 3 times, the 4th, 5th and 6th run made it to the top of the keyhole and when it started backing back down to the initial plunge point, I get a pop up saying, “Cutter Not Connected”. Then when I click on Connect to Cutter, I get a pop up saying, “Cutter Not Responding”. But if I power down the cnc and then hit connect, it connects but does the same thing again.

Also, I did check the brushes in the router, and they look dang near new. I made sure to clean the board and the connections, as well as the laptop.

Any suggestions as to what the issue might be?

Most likely EMI.

Check in at support@carbide3d.com

What is EMI? Is that the control board?

Grounding your Shapeoko - CNC Machines / Shapeoko - Carbide 3D Community Site

Try this to resolve issues. Worked for me

1 Like

“Electro-magnetic Interference”. It is usually caused by static electricity build-up (usually fixed by properly grounding the dust collection system), or excessive electrical arcing (perhaps from worn-out motor brushes).

Can also be affected by exterior factors - for example, low humidity will make static electricity much worse.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.