Problem not cutting every hole

Okay I’m running the program for the threaded wasteboard. Problem I’m having is the machine is not cutting the holes on the left side front. I checked level and it showed level what could be the problem

Usually this sort of problem is mechanical Version:

It is also important to be sure that the collet is correctly tightened, the endmill fits correctly and doesn’t slip, and the router is mounted securely in the mount, and that the mount doesn’t shift. Note than endmill pullout can happen gradually, especially when profiling against tall walls.[4]

I’m having the same issue Bob. It wasn’t cutting the holes in the middle though. I’ve been out of town the past 2 days and it’s killing me not to fix it😂

Thanks for the videos Will! Hopefully I can get mine fixed soon too.

Doe sthe simulation show the toolpath hitting all the holes?

1 Like

Yes simulation shews everything okay. For some reason the further the cutter goes to the left the less depth of cut there is

Machine squared and trammed?

What is trammed and yes machine is square.

Trammed is machining the wasteboard flat.

Check the Z-axis belt tension — if that’s okay, try removing one spring temporarily

Thank you I’m thinking that may be the problem. I check all belts and adjusted as you stated before. How do I flatten the wasteboard. I’m sure I use a cutter and have to write a program

I didn’t tram the original wasteboard that came with the Shapeoko either lol that’s probably it. I did buy a bit for that I seen from @myerswoodshop

Your not cutting all the way through BECAUSE your current bed isn’t level. This is typical when making my wasteboard. Once installed and flattened, you shouldn’t have this problem again.

1 Like

I didn’t flatten mine nothing in directions about doing it prior to using. That might be the problem I’m going to check the tram also now I know about it.

Thank you Ben I purchased your flattening program. Going to run it tomorrow if my bit arrives. I purchased the one from amazon. Not the most expensive one the cheaper one you talked about. What will I need to change in carbide Create?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.