Problem with new Fusion 360 Post

The post setup in Fusion 360 has changed completely since the last time I used it, and the post processor for Carbide 3D doesn’t seem to be working. It simulates without problems, but when I try to Post, I get the following error:

Error: Failed to evaluate post configuration.
Error: ReferenceError: createOutputVariable is not defined
Error at line: 108

Any suggestions?

Ken

You can try my post

carbide3d-crpalmer.cps

I alsoI know @neilferreri has one as well that should work.

Can you share your gcode?

Thank you. When I try to load this one it says:
Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.30.32 AM

Is there a way of exporting gcode without posting?

1 Like

Nope, that’s the purpose of posting, to create the gcode.

1 Like

Here is the one I’m currently using, Don’t unzip, just change “.zip” to “.cps”.
My Current C3D post.zip (26.1 KB)

1 Like

I wonder if there’s some error in how you’re saving it from github? Anyway, here’s a copy of it, just change the extension to .cps:
carbide3d-crpalmer.zip (28.3 KB)

1 Like

Oops sorry. I meant the f3d file

I was finally able to get it to post with your (Neil’s) post processor that I found elsewhere on this site. However, I’ve had to scale all dimensions by 1.04 to get the drawing to match the part. Here’s my file with the scaled dimensions. Any clue why the scaling?

Thanks for all your help.
CES24 Speaker Baffle v7.f3d.zip (267.1 KB)

Not surprisingly, I was wrong about the scaling. Some dimensions were off, but not others. I must be doing something wrong in the pocket operation. I’m starting to feel like an idiot here.

Rest assured there are plenty of other members of that club…

From a quick look at your file, it looks like the only toolpath in there is an adaptive clear with 0.02 inch stock to leave, could that be your dimensional error? If so, a finishing contour is probably what’s missing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.