Program Disconnect Spindle drop out

My Shapeoko Pro XXL with the 1.5kw PWNcnc spindle and the VFD that comes with it. The spindle started disconnecting. I had to completely shutdown Carbide Motion, turn off the CNC and restart everything. This happened several times yesterday. I was surfacing a 18x18 area with a 1.250 cutter if that makes a difference. I was able to complete the job. Reading thru some post I think this may be a grounding situation. I do not have the knowledge to know where to run a grounding strap to see if this fixes the problem. I have been running this setup for a year and a half with no issues. Will someone explain the grounding process or better yet point me to a schematic that shows this?

Ive tried plugging in the cnc and vacumm into 2 different breakers, and this does not work. I A 20 guage copper wire wrapped around my dust hose, but I dont think its thick enough and i dont think i have grounded it properly. I will have to fix this.

But i have been getting the same issues in the last month. My shop is located in cottonwood AZ, elevation 3300.

See:

and

https://carbide3d.com/blog/dust-collection-disconnects/

Thank You, I have two shop vacs that creates major amounts of static electric. One is used for dust extraction for the CNC.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.