Proper lubrication for the Nomad 883 Pro

I know this is something that has been asked in many places, and answered in just as many. However, there seems to be conflicting info depending on where you look.

I ordered Superlube 51004 for the lead screws, and Vactra #2 oil (Shapeoko 5 Pro and HDM Maintenance Kit - Carbide 3D) to do the linear bearings/guides.

Before I was to start lubing everything, I double checked online and some sources say to lube x and y rails and lead screws with superlube and vactra for rails and lead screw on z, while other places say superlube for everything, while others say what I originally thought.

The most confusing part is that Iā€™m going off info from Carbide support staff, nomad 3 manual, forum posts, and other misc things found online.

I just need a definitive on what lube goes where and how to get it there haha

1 Like

Your Nomad 883 pro should only need Superlube ā€” the Mobil Vactra #2 is for the Z-axis linear rails on a Nomad 3 (the Nomad 883 Pro uses the same round linear rails for Z as for X and Y), or the linear rails/ball-screws on a Shapeoko HDZ, Z-Plus, or Pro or 5 Pro.

1 Like

Thanks a lot will. That makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.