Proud Dad Moment

So my daughter (15) had her midterms for her engineering project (high school). She wanted to design something that makes her life a little easier, so she decided to make a dinner tray for her bed :man_shrugging:.

Super proud of her through. It’s her design, used Fusion 360 to design and did all the tool paths, with me over her shoulder helping when she had questions. Then worked the machines (CNC, Table Saw, Band Saw, Drum Sander, Orbital Sander, Drill) in the garage with my supervisor and help. Also did all the tool changes, zeroing, and did extremely well understanding the type of bits used.

Her write up concentrated on tolerances, which she found out really quick, just how important those are :joy:

1 day build, including learning and knocking out the CAD design. She is completely like me and procrastinated till the last minute. Turned out super awesome! I think she officially found her passion.

31 Likes

Have to say it looks about perfect, how awesome is that! That is not an easy project for a experienced machinist, and beyond impressive for a first time 15 year old!
Well done to both of you and congratulations for doing such an amazing job teaching and inspiring a future artist/machinist/engineer!

2 Likes

I love it!! I’m sure she learned a lot of valuable lessons. Not the least of which is focus & determination.
No matter which direction she goes, she’s on the right path. Nice job, dad! :smiley:

1 Like

I want one of those! Is she taking orders? :smiley: +1

My grandson will take some inspiration away from y’all’s project, too. Thanks!

1 Like

I am very proud of her, and she is not even related. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Dude! Your daughter rocks! You have every right to be as proud of her as your are.
TOTALLY IMPRSSED!

1 Like

Chapeau to Dad & Daughter.
Kids only learn what they have been taught and it looks like you’ve done well.

1 Like

Great job for a first-timer!
Sounds like Pop has lost his CNC capability - taken over by his daughter! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.