Purge unused levels

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to purge unused levels and compress a file?

Long story short, I am import a logo into files that accidentally had several unused levels in it and causing slow save times and large file sizes.

Time consuming to go delete all the unused levels in each file.

Rookie mistake.

What filetype? Can you share it here?

It’s a c2d file. I have several of them that need cleaning but here’s one with nothing in it.

You’ll see no linework but several layers.
LOGO TEST.c2d (2.0 MB)

Let me reiterate, the logo was a logo of mine that I created in Carbide Create. It is nothing more than lines and toolpaths. However, when I created it I was in another file that had a bunch of layers in it. When I imported this into its own file I neglected to delete the layers and they have grown exponentially throughout several files I have imported this into now.

Click on the ellipse (3 dots) for the layer in the show layers dialog and select delete layer. With the large number of layers this file has it took a long time but did remove the first Minnesota layer when I gave it a try. I’d expect the speed to improve as the file has fewer layers.

1 Like

Yeah, this is how I was doing it at first and found it was quicker to recreate the file than it was deleting each layer.

Lesson learned, this will not happen again in the future.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.