Rattle Can Shaker

I use rattle can paint quite often. I found an easy and practical way to shake the cans without aggrevating my tennis elbow.

Cut a piece of 3" schedule 40 pvc pipe 10.5" inches long. Insert an Oatey 3" test plug in one end and tighten. The Oatey test plug came with a wing nut I replaced with a regular nut.

Take an old Tee shirt and cut a square out of the back.

Wrap the Tee shirt around the can and stuff the can and Tee shirt into the pvc pipe seating the can at the bottom.

Attach a drill to the Oatey bolt on the test plug. Set drill for high speed. Hold can in tube upright and spin for a few minutes.

I found this idea somewhere in the folds of the internet so I cannot give credit to whoever thought this up.

Works great just keep open end of pvc up to keep can from being ejected.

I bought an acrylic small bottle shaker but this would work just as well if not better and cheaper for mixing acrylic paint.

4 Likes

And here was me expecting that somebody had 3D printed some sort of modified dust book and was posting some GCode to make a Shapeoko can shaker :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.