Re organized shop

When my wife and I moved into our current place, she had this insane notion about using the two car garage to – get this – put cars in. As opposed to tablesaw, bandsaw, lathe, chopsaw, drill press, welder, scrollsaw, and of course, the Shapeoko.

Where do women get these ideas?

5 Likes

My wife even laughed at that one.

I have a typical Texas “2 car garage”, which is a bit like “you should’ve seen how big that fish I caught was”, I say “Humpback Whale”, picture shows a really healthy Blue Gill. I have the XXL on one wall accompanied by a rollaway toolbox, 26 gallon air compressor, laser cutter and drill press. Opposite wall is dust collector, wood lathe, small belt sander, oscillating spindle sander, band saw and planer. One wall is shelf’s, a second rollaway toolbox, and water heater. In the middle I have folded up table saw and router table. What makes it so tight is the motorcycle right in the middle. I built a shed for bikes and lawnmower. I’ve been trying for 3 years now (since I bought this house) to get my wife to understand why the motorcycle should be in the living room, but she just doesn’t see how badly she’s stifling my creative side, go figure?

Dan

Funny. The ex that didn’t like the lathe in the kitchen was the one that wanted the Harley in the living room. I said no, but only because the floor wouldn’t support it, and the place was a rental.

1 Like

Oh yea, I totally understand if it was a Harley, that’s a big bike. Mines a little Triumph Street Triple, totally different, haha!

Dan

I now don’t feel quite so badly about keeping my bicycle in the living room:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.