Recut of a toolpath that I don't understand

I’m running this job
On Toolpath 2, it cut through the contour correctly, but then went back and recut the entire contour again…cutting nothing but air. Looking closely at the simulation, I can see that this is exactly what’s happening there as well. I’m wondering what’s going on.

EDIT: I actually think it’s happening on Toolpath 4 as well. EDIT EDIT: Correction: It does not happen on TP 4…only on 2.

Here’s the c2d
Front Panel Design - Bottom Tile.c2d (96 KB)

I’m running CC777 and CM v635

Thanks,

• Gary

Gary,

Interesting! I opened the file in CCv772 and could not see the issue you presented.
I updated to CCv777 and sure enough, it is making 2 passes on the toolpath.

Something is odd there.

Ron

Until @RonDells posted his experience, I was going to say that you had a complete set of duplicate vectors; one set copied on top of another.

That has happened to me.

But Ron’s experience with the other version makes that unlikely.

OK Thanks!

@robgrz Got a bug in 777, it seems.

I did check that…I do not.

@robgrz OK…it’s happening on Toolpath 3 in the top tile of the same source design:
Front Panel Design - Top Tile.c2d (316 KB)

It’s presently cutting air. In fact, it cut toolpath 3 first, then the top part of Toolpath 1, then went BACK and recut Toolpath 3 again. I don’t know if it’s going to try to cut Toolpath 1 again after it completes 3 a second time…but things are definitely funky with this drop and this design (EDIT: It did NOT recut 1…but it did cut 3 twice).

• Gary

Are you talking about “Contour Toolpath 1” and “Contour Toolpath 3”?

Yes. They are contour toolpaths

Both toolpaths have the top rectangle selected. Is that the one being recut?

It’s happening on two different files to two different rectangles.

On the Bottom Tile, it’s happening to the bottom rectangle (Contour Toolpath 2 - in “Front Panel Design - Bottom Tile.c2d”)
On the Top Tile, it’s happening to the Top Rectangle (Contour Toolpath 3 - in “Front Panel Design - Top Tile.c2d”)

Unless I’m reading the file incorrectly, this vector is selected for both toolpaths:

I think you’re right. That would make sense. Not sure how those got included with the middle one.

My bad. I didn’t see it because the colors on the vectors blends it to a different shade of red on mouse over.

Thanks.

1 Like