I have the Shapeoko XXL for ~3 years now. I learned a few months ago that I used the Shapeoko 3 assembly guide to build it. Consequently the controler is on the back of the X-Axis. I could live with that but I don’t like how the box gather saw dust. I decided to move it where it belongs and have a few questions before I start the rewiring. I will use larger drag chain, new cables and quick disconnect for the stepper motors and at the controler. I will be also changing the limit switches, with the new proximity sensors. I have the Bit Zero and Bit Setter.
- How far can I relocate the controler?
1a. Is there a limit to avoid any problems of disconnect or lost of voltage if the box is ~4 feet from the machine?
- Do the board need to be grounded to the machine? (Originally the back board is screwed directly on the Y-Left-Axis)
- Best 4 pins quick disconnect male/female?
- Any ideas/solutions to keep the saw dust away from wires/drag chains?
- Bit Setter location, In the instruction it is recommended to install it on the front right side. Any reason to avoid front left side?
- Plan to use Accoustic wall foam inside enclosure. Any cons?
- Should I run the proximity sensor cables separately from the stepper motors cables? (in a different drag chain)
Thank you for your time.
Warning: I reserve the right to add more questions