Removing single tabs

I often accidentally put a tab in the wrong place, but at the moment the only option is to clear all tabs and start again - could there be a way to remove a single tag?

1 Like

I’ve seen this requested many times…but as far as I know, you can only delete all and start again.

1 Like

Unfortunately, for current versions @GJM is correct — hopefully we’ll get more control over tabs in a future version.

We’ve made a lot of internal changes to the V6 betas of CC that should make this possible. Better tab editing should be making an appearance in V6 at some point.

3 Likes

We came up with a quick way to make existing tabs removable by clicking on them. You can grab CC619 Beta from https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/beta/

5 Likes

Is there someplace to subscribe to get notifications when the “beta” page is updated? Or do we have to just check it periodically to see what’s been updated when a new version is posted?

We don’t have a list for that right now but if it’s something you’re looking for then we can see if a beta notification list is something we can do in the future. (We don’t have a data feed for that data right now)

@robgrz Yup…that works for sure.

However: I’m noticing that with the current version (and possibly some v6 prior), the tabs are not visible on the diagram after the Edit Tabs dialog closes.

On V6:

Click OK:

Tabs are no longer visible.

On V5:

Press OK:

Tabs persist in the diagram. In fact, even after the Edit Toolpaths dialog is closed:

Tabs are visible.

Bug in v6?

Seems like it, I suspect it’s been in V6 from the start. Let me take a look.

EDIT: Found it. It’ll be fixed in 620.

That did not take very long :slight_smile:

Simple fix, better to check it off the list today.

CC620 at Carbide Create Beta Downloads

That’s fine. It’s not 100% necessary. I’ll just set a reminder to check weekly. Y’all’s time is better spent working on the product, rather than making it easier for me to see when to check out another beta. :blush: Keep up the great job y’all have been doing. I really love this product.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.