Repeated operations

Is there a way to re-run a program without going through the bitsetter cycle for repeated operations?
I have a logo that I put on my product, each piece sits in a jig and the pieces are identical. what I’m thinking of doing is copy and paste the toolpaths 10 times into an operation. what I’d like it to do is pause and move to the center of the cnc waste board between each operation, to make room for me to swap out the part in the jig, then hit continue and have it do the next tool path (which is a repeat of the same toolpath). this will happen 10 times before it goes through the bitsetter cycle and I can then just repeat the entire program again. the big question for me (not being g-code altering savvy) is how do I get it to pause and then move to the center of the waste board? I figure I can alter the rpm for each repeated toolpath, that way it will pause and tell me to change rpm , then it will continue when I press the button. so how would I get it to move to center of the cnc waste-board? is there an “M” code or something?
*using a sp4xxl with a router

From what I’ve read it’s not a feature offered by CM. You would have to try a third party CAM program like gSender. The CM software doesn’t handle highly repeating production well.

This is something which we are working towards in:

and you should be able to edit your G-code to allow the workflow you describe.

I think I would disable the bitsetter, and just re-run the same program many times.
The M30 or M02 at the end of the path should turn off the spindle, raise & move back.

Otherwise, if you want to edit the g-code, you could insert this between paths

M05 (Turn off spindle)
G00 G53 Z-0.1 (Move Z all the way up, 0.1 short of the limit)
M00 (Program Stop)
G00 G53 Y-0.1 (Move Y all the way back, 0.1 short of the limit)
M03 (Turn spindle back on, and continue)

The behavior of the M00 in CM will execute the next line after the M00, then stop.
You can also use a M01 (Optional Stop). Play around with this & test it well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.