Replacing Homing Switches

I have a Shapeoko 3XL with the HDZ and have now broken two of the Z-Axis Homing Switches (the pin that holds the Homing Switch gets sheared off by the HDZ) due to user errors. Has anybody successfully added a two wire connector between the wire from the controller and the Homing Switch? After unlatching the drag chain to remove the broken Homing Switch, I was thinking that the next time this happens to add a connector to the wire from the controller and adding a connector to the Homing Switch so I don’t have to rewire from the controller to the Z-Axis. Any recommended connectors?

I found that happens on the HDZ as well, might be better if it mechanically stopped before breaking the switch, but the proximity switch upgrade should fix that.

I just solder a new switch on to the end of the wire when they break, here’s a thread with the source for the switches.

Could it be that the heavier HDZ has a deceleration problem while approaching the switch? Maybe it is set to move too fast?

When I had this problem I just put a towel over the router and z and snipped the wires at the switch and soldered them from there without disconnecting from the main board.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.