Request: Simple changes to Carbide Motion

I write software for a living & use the Shaepoko as a hobby. There are a couple of really simple things that would make life easier in Carbide motion.

1. Ability to re-home the machine (not full initialise, just re-home to the sensors) while paused in a job OR while in the jog screen. I know the machine should know where it is at all times, but if I come down a little heavy in the Z direction while setting the zero point there seems no way to re-calibrate without powering off / on again. Also, if something looks a little wrong in any direction (X/Y/Z) in the middle of machining something it would be good to pause, have the machine home then return to where it thinks it should be. Often things could be recovered this way instead of having to complete turn off / on and go through a full reset.

2. When using the probe for setting the Z height, then setting the X/Y in the zero offsets screen, it would be good to be able to go directly to the Z probe in that screen (or go directly to the Probe screen) instead of having to come out of that screen and then in to another screen.

1 Like

(just FYI, as a workaround for 1 you can launch a homing manually by sending $H from the MDI console)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.