Reset view of simulation? and Enhancement?

I select “Show Simulation” and it draws the simulation as a view from above the material. If I rotate it to view it from other angles there is no easy way to get it back to top view. The only way I have found to get it back is to quit the program and restart it. Hide and re-simulate it leaves it at the same angle.

Does anyone know of a quicker way?

It is interesting that the View menu becomes a no-op when viewing the simulation. Perhaps it could be context sensitive and have a few basics, like “top view”, “iso view”, “front view”, “side view”, etc.

Maybe add “Show Grid” (this would only work on 90 degree views). I sometimes am not sure my simulation is right because I have no idea of size. I sometimes ask myself: Did that cut stop at the right place?

Gary

That seems quite strange. I have seen no issue with using the ‘View’ menu to reset simulated 3D - works fine for me in CCv764.

I also agree that having a scale grid in the 3D view would be nice to better judge the scale of things.

1 Like

I just did a simulation, grabbed the corner, moved it and select Reset View. It worked!

I swear it did nothing earlier today.

Thanks,
Gary

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.