Resizing Circle Problem in v460 CC

I don’t know if this is a bug in v460 of CC or I’m not doing something right but I have a project that I wanted 4 holes with a radius of 0.250. This turns out (after a test cut) should have been 0.2812 so I went back in to CC and when I resize them, they jump WAY off the grid to where I had to zoom really far out to find them out in space. Needles to say I had to re-position each of them back to where they would line up like I had them. I was re-sizing them one at a time.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

I have seen this yesterday, also with moving, not just resizing.
this seems now in 460

I have no input to the bug but you could do “control z” to delete last change and revert back before resize and save your positions.

Guy I appreciate the suggestion, but this will not work. I hit save religiously and before exiting.
I’m opening the project after saving the project and then creating the .nc file and closing CC(hitting save before exit). This means that there is no “UNDO” history.

Here is the simple project file for you to test, if you have v460 of CC. Try resizing the circles or the rectangles it does it on either items
HoleTest.c2d (1.2 MB)

Yes, this has behavior has been seen and reported. It seems to result after geometry is rotated.

I’m tagging your file as an example for it and hopefully we’ll get it puzzled out.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Ive had it happen on a design without rotation just cut and pasted circles

In my opinion, your workflow with constant saving is actually hindering your work rather than accomplishing your goal. This software problem is an example.

It would be more advantageous to get into a habit of version control, for example, by adding a “-1”, “-2” or “-3” etc. to your file name when you start making a big change. Then you have a saved file to go back to. Separate projects into separate folders.

UNDO is your friend, though. Try something out, then UNDO it.

If you are concerned with power dropping out and the inevitable RESET, get a UPS. Your computer will last much longer when it never sees those power blips.

Thanks Tex for your opinion. Just so I understand what your opinion is to this problem, is the problem is the user saving a project often and not the software? If so I have to admit that would be a first!

It would be more advantageous to get into a habit of version control , for example, by adding a “-1”, “-2” or “-3” etc. to your file name when you start making a big change. Then you have a saved file to go back to. Separate projects into separate folders.

I agree if you are making a “big change”…just changing the size of a circle may or may not be a big change depending on how many you have to resize.

UNDO is your friend, though. Try something out, then UNDO it.

I have done this…resized one circle and after I zoomed out far enough into outer space and found the lost circle, I hit ctrl-z to put it back where it was. Still had the problem…

If you are concerned with power dropping out and the inevitable RESET , get a UPS. Your computer will last much longer when it never sees those power blips.

That is just an 'ol habit I picked up about 30yrs ago…old habits die hard :rofl:

Thanks again for your opinion!

I don’t think he’s saying not to save, but rather save to different file names / versions so you always have something to fall back on yet still have the ability to undo the most recent change. Even for small changes it would be beneficial. And with storage space being so cheap it really makes sense to do it that way

Thanks Stan for trying to get an old hard head like me to understand! :crazy_face:
I do agree with both of you.

I guess what I’m trying to say is if you have a problem with v1 and save it off and start on v2, v1 still has a bug in it. In other words making a backup of a virus infected file and cleaning your PC…your backup file still has a virus.

If I’m doing/setting up a project wrong hey I’m willing to learn. But I’m wondering if it is me or maybe the software has a bug in it.

I have in the interim setup a new project with just a 6x24 rectangle and (4) .500 circles and cannot reproduce the problem??? I have attached the original project with the problem in hopes someone could maybe find where I went wrong.

Thanks again sir!

Thanks Will, I somehow missed your post.
I hope my file will help them found the problem!

Thanks again! I do appreciate it.

1 Like

If you can provide us with a file which repeatably has this problem, or step-by-step instructions on causing it, we’ll try to have a developer look into it.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.