Rookie question

I have a Shapakeo 5 pro the bit setter and bit-zero tools. When I run jobs, the router makes “empty” passes over my material before actually cutting. Then, in most cases doesn’t cut through the material.

I’m setting the thickness a fraction over actual thickness to get a cut-through, but that isn’t helping now.

How are you setting origin using the BitZero?

See:

I have an SO3 but use CC. When I cut through material I use the bottom of material for the Z zero. I just use the BitSetter on the spoilboard. I used to use top of material and either cut through to the spoilboard or left an onion skin. Since using the bottom of material there is hardly a scratch on my spoilboard.

The measurement of material is critical whether you use top or bottom of material. I often use the super glue and painters tape for a lot of projects and design my project with the approximate measurement of my material. Once I get the project mounted on the spoilboard I measure it and edit the CC file with the final measurement. I also use the “t” instead of the actual measurement of the material when cutting through it. That has worked well for me. The use of the “t” means cut to bottom of material and when you save the project with new material measurements it updates off the tool paths automatically. If you use the material measurement in a tool path you have to edit each tool path to update to the actual material measurements. The “t” is very useful.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.