Router Bit Storage (containers)

CNC Router Bit Storage

Working on a storage system for the CNC router bits. I have bits from several different vendors with packaging varying from large plastic cases, pill bottle like containers, plastic pouches to square tubes. I needed the containers to be standardized and also be large enough to label the contents with a font that was easy to read.

I chose to use bottles with 1.25" diameter and a locking tab lid.

I made wooden disks 3/4" thick with an O.D. slightly less than the inside diameter of the bottles with a 7/16" through hole in the center for the bit. To secure the bit I used a 1/4" I.D. rubber vacuum hose with an O.D. of 7/16" The vacuum hose provides a snug fit for the bit. I did not need to glue the hose in the disk as it stayed put via a friction fit. The wooden disk makes it less likely that the bits will roll away from me when they are removed from the bottles.

The rack is from a design from a WoodSmith magazine video. The individual shelves hold 6 bottles and rotate for easy access. The design is easily modified to suit the user’s needs.

P9100034

P9100035

P9230029

P9230030

P9230031

P9230032

11 Likes

Woodworking is the best medicine in the world, but highly addictive

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.