Router cable management

Well, at least your router is shielded “from” emi/noise.

For the time being, I’m going to use cable ties and secure the router cable along the drag chain (as per @CrookedWoodTex’s solution), as this seems to be the most effective without stretching the cable and keeps it above the bottom of the X rail. Also, the BitRunner is on that side and I’ve sourced the correct sized grommet for the cable to slot though the cut-out!

I haven’t run a test cut yet to see if this causes an intereference problem, though.

“Interference” is not going to be from the router (unless you let the brushes wear down to their sparking mode. :smiley:)

“Interference” is going to be from the dust collection system. There are many posts about disconnects for you to start boning up on. :smiley:

That’s my next project!

When I assembled my XXL, I followed the instructions. But I was immediately concerned about the possibility of snagging the router cable. I tried various schemes to festoon it along the X rail, but couldn’t find any way to prevent slack from allowing the cable to droop. I finally decided to route it along the dust collection hose to the ceiling.

2 Likes

I’ve had some success turning the router through 180 degrees and feeding the cable along the drag chain to ‘exit’ to the right, but I haven’t got my dust extraction resolved just yet.

I think I would prefer it to run along the DE hose, but I’d better see how the DE project works out first!

I see you’ve also turned the router through 180 degrees, to facilitate this!

Running the router power cord along the drag chain was an early suggestion, but it’s one which we’ve reversed since it seems to increase EMI, up to the ceiling seems the most expedient option, or off to the opposite side of the electronics (which is why the BitRunner goes on Y2).

1 Like

Thanks, @WillAdams. It’s routed along the drag chain, but does ‘exit’ from the Y2 side.

As soon as I get my DE sorted, I’ll look into routing the cable that way, too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.