Router disconnect

Hello community,

the following problem, I haven’t had my Shapeoko for very long so far I’ve milled about 12 things, no matter which program etc. the milling cutter no longer connects after a sporadic time. Cutter is not connected. If I then click on Connect again, it suddenly says “Cannot Open port for a cutter” Serial Port: Unknow Error. Can you please help me, I’m on the verge of a nervous breakdown :frowning:

The error happens with different programs and different times.

Greetings Christian

Please let us know about this at support@carbide3d.com — most likely it’s electro-magnetic interference (EMI), but we’ll do our best to work through this with you.

I have already written to the support, got a short message that I should do an air test and take a picture of my controller. Haven’t gotten an answer yet… Gruss Chris

That is the answer.

Do the test, and let us know at support@carbide3d.com how it turns out.

I’ve already done the test a few times and also written to support twice and sent pictures :slight_smile: I don’t have a suction device, the electrostatic field might be an issue.

Please wait for a response — Mondays are always busy as we work through the backlog from the weekend.

okey, thank you William :slight_smile:

As Will said, it may be an EMI issue. Check this link out.

Grounding your Shapeoko - CNC Machines / Shapeoko - Carbide 3D Community Site

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.