Router won't turn on

Shapeoko 3, Carbide3D router, BitZero (v2), BitSetter, BitRunner. Main board is stamped ‘Carbide Motion v2.4e’. Running Carbide Motion 618. This setup has been working without an issue.

I started a job and realized I had forgotten to attach the dust collection collar. I pushed the ‘Pause’ button in CM and the spindle stopped and retracted as expected. I attached the dust collection collar, then selected the ‘Start’ button to resume. The router’s power switch was on, and the BitRunner’s enable/disable button was enabled. The spindle returned to the position it was at when I hit ‘pause’, dropped down, and started plowing into the wood since the router did not start. I stopped it, tried the ‘Spindle On’ in the Jog window and the router would not start. I powered everything down (laptop included) and unplugged everything.

I unplugged the router from the BitSetter and plugged it into an outlet - it powered on and off via the switch. I checked its brushes and they look new. The router doesn’t appear to be the issue.

I then reconnected the router to the BitRunner and restarted everything. The CNC connects and initializes, and can be driven both manually and via CM. However, the router will not turn on either from the Jog window or from running the project.

I checked the connections and all are secure (to the BitRunner and the main unit).

Where is the likely problem - BitRunner or the main board or what? Any help is appreciated!

v1 or v2 BitRunner?

If v2 check the fuse.

Let us know what you find out at support@carbide3d.com

It’s a BitRunner 2.0 Standard, RC 3/22/21. The fuse is good (I removed it and checked for continuity).

I was able to run the machine with the BitRunner out of the loop. I simply plugged the router into an outlet and turned it on/off manually. So the the CNC itself seems okay.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.