I was doing tests today and noticed a bug in CC. May I ask someone to confirm whether they can reproduce this, before I submit this to support ?
- create a project
- create any shape, create a contour toolpath, pick any tool/material from the database, make a note of the RPM value, click ok and save the G-code file. Check in the G-code file that RPM is as expected (in the M3 command)
- go back and edit the toolpath, change RPM to a different value, click ok, save G-code file again. Check the M3 line again in the G-code file: I see the original RPM value there, not the new one. The toolpath window itself does show the right/new RPM value.
- save the project, re-open it, and just re-save the G-code: this time the RPM value is correctly updated in the G-code.
I tried the beta CC467 and official CC464, on Windows10, same result.
If someone using the Mac version could confirm too that would be great.
This is not a big deal for router users who set the RPM manually anyway (it will still be confusing to see the wrong value in the prompt though), but for spindle/VFD users that’s potentially bad (which is why I am posting this here, in case this turns out to be confirmed).