Rubberband gun build

I found this design on easel but it is originally from here. I tried to cut it and build it with some hiccups. Now I’ve shown it to some people and actually have some demand for them and wanted to optimize it where possible.

The actual build is time consuming due to gluing all the layers, but not complicated. I modified the design I found since there were some errors and also tried to place tabs in areas that would make it easy to knock out with a chisel (flat spots where possible).

It is semi-automatic and you can load 4 rubberbands at once.

I’ve shared the modified design here here

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

I got an error on my iPad after I signed to inventables, project not publicly shared?

Hmm, 22 clicks and you are the first to say anything…

I must not have clicked “save” after getting the shared link.

Try this one

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Sometimes links do unexpected things in the Safari/iPad world.

The new one works fine, thanks again!

I get http 500 error on both desktop and mobile trying to look at the plans there. However, I modified my easel version since there are a couple issue with the one i found. Mainly the “sight” that holds the rubberbands on the front is 4 layers wide, but should actually be 2 layers. I may also modify the trigger to only be 2 layers where your finger actually goes as well since 4 seems too wide.

1 Like

you are correct, I have reached out to tech support and they are looking into it… Possibly an update to the site. It usually works fine. Will update if I find anything out

@baaja
CutRocket is now fixed and up and running.

RubberBand Gun

RDPowell2

I was interested to see if this version had the errors I fixed in my version. Looks like it is only vcarve files which I can’t open. A couple people asked in the comments about it months ago with no response.

I saw that… Well if you find the urge to share your findings on CutRocket I’m sure plenty of members are in the same boat as you with the files, and would be grateful for your help.

I read the comments and you are correct. the member stated that they included g code, which is not present in files.

I know when I plan to post any builds on there it will be done with Carbide Create for ease of use for other members.

Sorry the files aren’t quite what they were meant to be

I made a couple of these from some drawings I found. I modified the drawings to make them fit better and have more details. I modified it to use dowels to line up the parts. I used small screws to assemble so I could repair the inner workings if need be. I also used steel pins for the trigger pins. I’ll have to find the files, I’ll share them as well as G-codes.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.